Here are some of the reasons why evolution must be regarded as a religious faith.
As a religious faith evolutionism teaches the following:
- Materialism: the notion that all of reality is composed of detectible materials and that these materials have come into existence by spontaneous generation.
- Uniformitarianism: the notion that all of the physical laws at work in the present have always been in effect as they exist today and always will be in effect.
- Common Descent: All living things have a single common “single-celled” ancestor.
- Spontaneous Generation: All matter and energy appeared without any intelligence behind it, as well as genetic information used to produce all species past present and future has been spontaneously generated via “mutation”. (AKA “neo-darwinism” or the “modern synthesis”) (with the exception of human produced genes)
- Passive Engineering: All engineering of all biological systems of every living creature known to exist is exclusively the result of trial and error favoring or eliminating of each and every existing spontaneously generated gene. (AKA “natural selection”)
- Animalism: Because evolutionism asserts that mankind has been created naturally and accidentally from animal ancestors, mankind must also be part of the “animal kingdom” and therefore is also nothing more than another species of animal.
- Humanism: Humans are accountable to no one but themselves and society. Humans are free to set our own moral standards.
- Salvation: There is no afterlife and so life has no intrinsic significance or purpose. (reproduction and working to preserve the environment to benefit future generations is optional).
- Abortion: Human beings are free to kill other human beings deemed genetically inferior, inconvenient, or otherwise unwanted via abortion.
- Diety: Nature and the physical laws in effect today constitute this feeble un-god. And yet, to those that believe in this lame unthinking nature-god thing, it is to them a genius without a brain.
- Heaven: Evolutionism sees no afterlife whatsoever and so robs its followers of this great hope and motivation to be and do their best in this life.
- Hell: in Evolutionism, there is no teaching about the dire consequences of sin. No place of eternal damnation, no lake of fire exists in this Darwinian “la, la, land”.
Evolutionism is a religion by any reasonable estimation!
And so, as religious doctrine, evolutionism set standards for human behavior. By teaching its followers that they are just animals and that there is no real Holy God that we will answer to for violating certain laws. Evolutionism is the state religion in the US and many other countries around the world. So called, “science” has been in bed with this religion for a long time now and has convinced itself that it isn’t faith but fact. Creationists have debunked evolution’s so-called “science” over and over in the past 50 or so years and instead of admitting common descent is bunk, evolutionists have attacked creationist and proponents of ID.