I’ll start with 10 things that are rather obvious, or should be anyway:
1. Entropy is considered a universal law in physics. Yet, very well designed machines can minimize it’s impact. Cars can be made today to last a quarter million miles or longer by applying better design and manufacture methods. This is through the collective efforts of highly intelligent designers. Living creatures are so well designed that they seem to play with entropy at will. Birds make a mockery of human attempts at flying machines. Swifts fly so efficiently that they can remain airborne for the entire lives powered by tiny insects. Landing only for brief periods long enough to rear their young
2. Artistry is everywhere in the natural world. The peacock is considered a symbol of beauty. How about the horse, the rose and the rainbow trout. How many favorites can you think of?
3. Flight requires advanced knowledge of aerodynamics, weight economy and balance. Feathers alone are engineering marvels that work beautifully because they were designed intelligently. Remember. that the sole design consideration for so called, “Natural Selection” is function, that’s it. And ns can only operate on existing designs.
4. Music requires a complex knowledge of tonality and harmonics. Think of how birds with such small brains are designed to produce some of the best music.
5. Sight opens up a creature to an awareness of its surroundings. With all our amazing camera technologies, we still can’t hold a candle to our own eyes. So if you must conclude that the camera is an intelligent design, how much more so with the human eye!
6. Diversity is the hallmark of the natural world. Diversity means LOTS of genetic code has been written by an awesome code writer! Nuff said!
7. Fireflies still exist, even though they are designed to give away their locations to predators! They were also designed to delight us on those hot evenings of spring and summer!
8. Metamorphosis allows insects to transform their entire body shape and function. They were designed to do so in the safety and security of a protective “cocoon”. This is a design “tour de force” by any reasonable measure!
9. Biological Clocks are design considerations that synchronize creatures life cycles in some way with certain changes in their environment. In some cases it might be the length of daylight, the tides and the position of the moon in the sky or it’s phase, or the temperature, etc. that will trigger a bear to wake up from hibernation and a turtle to swim thousands of miles across oceans to the tiny island where it was born, or all the billions of coral polyps around the world to release all their eggs into the see at the same moment on a certain day of the year.
10. Ecology is another design, “tour de force” where the Creator displays not only His ability as a Designer, but his wisdom in how all the dirversity of creatures can coexist in harmony. Predators and prey, big and small, pathogen and immune system, reproduction and death. Moms to bring us into the world and cleanup crews: yeast, insect, bacteria, birds, etc. to recycle our bodies after our spirits return to the presence of the author of it all to receive our fantastic new bodies so we can give an account for our lives on this Creator’s planet!
These are only a few of vast array of design indicators… In the next few posts I’ll point out many others.